Daniels Western Meats
MEAT PACKING PLANT – PICO RIVERA, CA
- 320hp Advanced 3200 variable speed compressor rack refrigeration system
- 30ft. heavy duty UL Listed climate controlled machine house
- Factory installed emergency exhaust and shut down with break glass switches to meet UMC requirements
- Reduced KW power consumption by 42%
- Reduction of 120 horsepower
- $132,000/year savings compared to conventional refrigeration system
- CPC computer programmed control system
- Advanced off-site monitoring
- Yaskawa VFD drives
- Needed to supply refrigeration to frozen food and fresh meat storage warehouse.
- Low Cost of Ownership was very important to customer.
- Large product loss in the event of a failure required 24/7 monitoring and quick response time and troubleshooting.
- Refrigeration Solutions, Inc. (RSI) installed new Advanced variable speed refrigeration system.
- Compressors sized for multiple suction groups (low temp, medium temp, and high temp) all in one easy to access location.
- Computer programmed CPC controller allows for easy troubleshooting and system condition checks with easy to read alarm codes and descriptions.
- UltraSite off-site monitoring capability integrated into system and put on 24/7 system monitoring by Advanced, Inc.
- The new system provided an overall reduction of 120 horsepower and savings of 945 kwh or 42%.
- Owner Al Santos says, “This refrigeration system and performance exceeded all expectations and is the only system I will consider on future projects.”
- New variable speed Advanced refrigeration system supplies power to entire facility at lower energy usage with room for handling upcoming facility expansions.
- Use of variable speed and computer programmed drives that control the compressors, reduces wear and tear on compressors resulting in lower service and maintenance costs as well as reduced peak demand electricity charges.
- Integration of the Advanced UltraSite monitoring allows for constant off site monitoring and troubleshooting, leading to reduced service and maintenance costs as well as reducing product loss and response time.